The Harvester Golf Club – Played September 2016
- Rankings: Golf Digest Public #46, Golf Magazine Public #57
- Location: 833 Foster Drive, Rhodes, Iowa
- Year: 2000
- Architect: Keith Foster
- Course Access: Public
- Walking Rules: Carts Available
Score Card Information:
- Black: 7,365 yards, Par 72, 76.0 Rating/140 Slope
- Blue: 6,840 yards, Par 72, 73.1 Rating/132 Slope
- White: 6,430 yards, Par 72, 70.8 Rating/128 Slope
- Red: 5,180 yards, Par 72, 68.9 Rating/120 Slope
The next weekend after my trip to Oklahoma and Kansas I was on my way to Iowa. I wasn’t going to see cornfields or the Field of Dreams site. As usual, I was in the area to sample some great golf.
I was getting to play with some friends I made on GolfMatch, the social golf app I have written about previously. It was great to have a group to play here. It would have been sad to drive all the way to Iowa and get paired with some bozos. This is the biggest benefit of using the app, so check it out if you haven’t already.
I couldn’t find a great deal of history about the course. This Keith Foster design was opened at the dawn of the new millennium. There is more elevation change than I would have expected for Iowa. Quite frankly the course is stunning and incredibly enjoyable.
The course has a simply elegant clubhouse and an expansive driving range, which can be seen below. It has all the facilities you could ask for. Continue reading “The Harvester Golf Club”