Robert Trent Jones at Capitol Hill (Judge) – Played May 2013
- Rankings: None of the four lists
- Location: 2600 Constitution Avenue, Prattville, Alabama
- Year: 2000
- Architect: Robert Trent Jones, Sr
- Course Access: Public
- Walking Rules: Carts Available
Score Card Information:
- Black: 7,813 yards, Par 72, 78.5 Rating/147 Slope
- Purple: 7,082 yards, Par 72, 75.1 Rating/142 Slope
- Orange: 6,517 yards, Par 72, 71.7 Rating/131 Slope (Men’s), 76.4 Rating/134 Slope (Women’s)
- White: 5,910 yards, Par 72, 68.7 Rating/128 Slope (Men’s), 74.4 Rating/137 Slope (Women’s)
- Teal: 4,951 yards, Par 72, 64.7 Rating/115 Slope (Men’s), 68.4 Rating/123 Slope (Women’s)
Before I start I want to give a special thanks for the pictures on this post to Brian who runs @virginiagolfguy on Instagram. I didn’t have photos from my trip, but he stepped in on this one and helped out. Thanks again Brian!
I went to the Trail in May of 2013 with a bunch of golf buddies. It’s still one of the only actual buddies trips I’ve ever taken. That’s just a fact of life for me as a lot of my golf buddies love the game, but don’t travel near as much for it. Most of them do a few trips a year, but I plan out a bunch and we usually can’t make the timing work. I’m also more into playing new courses a lot, but that’s part of the quest baby! Alright, mini-rant over.
We played 36 per day over a few days and the heat really got to us. I would say May is not the best time to go as the summer heat gets going early in Alabama. I think the Trail is best suited to a spring or late fall trip.
So the first course we will take a look at is The Judge which is part of the Capitol Hill stop on the Trail. It is one of the most popular sites and has two other courses in The Senator and The Legislator. We’ll look at The Senator in a following post. Located in Prattville, the site has garnered a lot of praise. Let’s get into the tour. All yardages are from the orange tees.
Continue reading “Robert Trent Jones at Capitol Hill (Judge)”