Aronimink Golf Club – Played August 2017
- Rankings: Golf Digest #80, Golf Magazine #82
- Location: 3600 St. Davids Road, Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
- Year: 1928
- Original Architect: Donald Ross
- Additional Work By: Robert Trent Jones, Ron Prichard, and Gil Hanse
- Course Access: Private
- Walking Rules: Walking Only, Caddies Available
Score Card Information:
- Back: 7,190 yards, Par 70, 74.7 Rating/134 Slope
- Middle: 6,522 yards, Par 70, 72.3 Rating/129 Slope
- Forward: 6,115 yards, Par 70, 70.3 Rating/126 Slope
- Front: 5,769 yards, Par 70, 74.6 Rating/136 Slope
I still never get over the excitement of being invited to top-tier private clubs. There is a “kid on Christmas morning” feel to it that I just can’t shake. So when I got an email from my buddy Alex that he had an extra spot in his group I jumped at the chance.
Now, our tee time was on a Saturday afternoon. Aronimink is outside of Philadelphia and I live in SC. So I did what I do on this crazy quest. I hopped in the car and made my way towards Philly. As an aside, Go Pats but still congrats to the Eagles. They played great.
Funny enough, a lot of the quest goes like this. I would love to tell a super interesting story every time or play 10 courses in a row. Life doesn’t always work that way though. Many times I get an invite, play, and head home. Sometimes, depending on the situation, I will check out the clubhouse or eat. It really depends on my host and the group I am playing with. I am definitely one to go with the flow and if that includes skipping the frills so be it. I’m here for the golf!
So after a pretty uneventful drive that was full of anticipation I arrived at the course. You are greeted with the wonderful looking clubhouse seen below. Continue reading “Aronimink Golf Club”