Arcadia Bluffs Golf Club – Played May 2017
- Rankings: Golf Digest #57, Golf Digest Public #13, Golf Magazine Public #28
- Location: 14710 Northwood Highway, Arcadia, Michigan
- Year: 2000
- Architects: Warren Henderson & Rick Smith
- Course Access: Public
- Walking Rules: Carts & Caddies Available
Score Card Information:
- Championship: 7,300 yards, Par 72, 75.4 Rating/147 Slope
- Black: 6,702 yards, Par 72, 72.8 Rating/137 Slope
- White: 6,244 yards, Par 72, 70.3 Rating/129 Slope
- Red: 5,107 yards, Par 72, 70.1 Rating/121 Slope
The second round of the trip was highly anticipated for me personally. I have seen the pictures of this course like many of you. The setting on the bluffs above Lake Michigan is simply stunning.
Our day certainly didn’t disappoint. It was chilly, but clear. On the back nine we were treated to some of the wind that really gives the course its bite. We were pretty beat by the end of the day, but it was great experience with some truly world class scenery.
The course is built on 240 acres that used to be apple and cherry orchards and wooded areas. Many of the mounds and native areas were molded during the routing to give it the scale it has today. Since it opened many of the greens have been modified to help with pace of play. This would also mark my first encounter with these two architects. I am always interested to see new course designers.
The course features multiple guest rooms on site as well as cottages. Once the second course is completed it will be a true destination. It is remote, but the golf is awesome. I played the white tees and all yardages reflect that. Continue reading “Arcadia Bluffs Golf Club”