Golden Horseshoe Golf Club (Gold) – Played October 2017
- Rankings: Golf Magazine Public #59
- Location: 651 S England Street, Williamsburg, Virginia
- Year: 1963
- Architect: Robert Trent Jones
- Course Access: Resort
- Walking Rules: Carts Available
Score Card Information:
- Gold: 6,817 yards, Par 71, 73.4 Rating/140 Slope
- Blue: 6,522 yards, Par 71, 72.1 Rating/136 Slope
- White: 6,248 yards, Par 71, 70.8 Rating/134 Slope
- Silver: 5,504 yards, Par 71, 67.4 Rating/128 Slope (Men’s), 72.1 Rating/132 Slope (Women’s)
- Red: 4,599 yards, Par 71, 63.0 Rating/114 Slope (Men’s), 66.0 Rating/119 Slope (Women’s)
The second stop on my quick Virginia jaunt was the Golden Horseshoe Golf Club in the heart of Williamsburg.
I was on my way to the course on my own in the morning and the GPS said it would take me between 5-10 minutes to get there from the hotel. I was a little surprised at how close it was.
As I was driving along I passed through the campus of William & Mary, the local university. I was still navigating some turns on the campus when it said I was basically at my destination. It looked like I was still among campus and commercial buildings. I made a right through an opening in a brick wall and the clubhouse greeted me. It was definitely one of the more interesting entrances to a course since I wasn’t expecting it.