The Glen Club – Played October 2016
- Rankings: Golf Magazine Public #72
- Location: 2901 West Lake Avenue, Glenview, Illinois
- Year: 2001
- Architect: Tom Fazio
- Course Access: Public
- Walking Rules: Carts Available
Score Card Information:
- Gold: 7,186 yards, Par 72, 75.4 Rating/142 Slope
- Blue: 6,727 yards, Par 72, 72.8 Rating/135 Slope
- Silver: 6,062 yards, Par 72, 70.2 Rating/128 Slope (Men’s), 76.1 Rating/138 Slope (Women’s)
- Red: 5,324 yards, Par 72, 72.0 Rating/129 Slope
I needed a good night’s sleep after playing Butler National. Luckily, I got it and was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for The Glen Club the next morning. It was chilly, but I can brave a little cold for a great golf course.
The Glen Club has an interesting story regarding its construction. It used to be a Naval Air Base with a total difference in elevation a whopping three feet. It is not like that now! There are some holes with 40 feet of elevation change. Tom Fazio was a perfect choice to sculpt the land.
The club features a hotel and other amenities right on the property just outside of Chicago. It is a great piece of property. I was happy to play the course a few days before the Cubs won the World Series. They were flying the W in the parking lot for sure! Continue reading “The Glen Club”