Colonial Country Club – Played November 2017
- Rankings: Golf Magazine #86
- Location: 3735 Country Club Circle, Fort Worth, Texas
- Year: 1935
- Architects: John Bredemus & Perry Maxwell
- Course Access: Private
- Walking Rules: Carts & Caddies Available
Score Card Information:
- Black: 7,204 yards, Par 70, 75.1 Rating/138 Slope
- Blue: 6,837 yards, Par 70, 73.5 Rating/134 Slope
- Gold: 6,527 yards, Par 70, 72.0 Rating/131 Slope
- White: 5,971 yards, Par 70, 68.8 Rating/124 Slope (Men’s), 76.2 Rating/139 Slope (Women’s)
- Red: 5,700 yards, Par 72, 74.8 Rating/137 Slope
I love it when a plan comes together! I’ll explain a little bit more of what I mean.
Back in July I was in Orange County, California for my brother-in-law’s wedding. This is the one I mentioned in the Pelican Hill post. Our table set up for the reception included one of his work buddies who lived in Dallas named Robert.
Robert and I talked a bit about my quest and we all had a fun night at the reception. Fast forward a few months later and I reached out to Robert about playing at Colonial and if he had any connections.
Luckily, a good friend of his is a member. Plans were made and the wife and I made travel plans. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find a connect for Dallas National this time, but it’s a good reason to go back.
With all this planning, I had time to invite my buddy Lance who lives in Oklahoma. The drive was much easier for him than it was for me from South Carolina, but I love to drive. Lance is a good dude so I was happy to help him out with this one. Other than his OU fandom we get along great :). Sorry buddy! Continue reading “Colonial Country Club”