Tot Hill Farm Golf Club – Played Sometime 2011-2013
- Rankings: None of the four lists
- Location: 3185 Tot Hill Farm Road, Asheboro, North Carolina
- Year: 2000
- Architect: Mike Strantz
- Course Access: Public
- Walking Rules: Carts Available
Score Card Information:
- Outlaw Black: 6,543 yards, Par 72, 72.5 Rating/138 Slope
- Gambler Green: 6,214 yards, Par 72, 70.4 Rating/132 Slope
- Rawhide White: 5,632 yards, Par 72, 69.0 Rating/117 Slope (Men’s), 74.0 Rating/134 Slope (Women’s)
- Mustang Gold: 4,556 yards, Par 72, 63.8 Rating/103 Slope (Men’s), 67.9 Rating/118 Slope (Women’s)
As mentioned at the top, I don’t remember the year I played this gem. I do know that it was on one of the many trips to the Pinehurst area for a weekend of golf with the wife. Tot Hill is a bit away from the area, but was well worth the drive. It was prototypical Strantz which means it was super imaginative. You can see from the mix of pars that the course never gets monotonous.
I don’t recall spending a ton of time in the clubhouse to see the vibe of the place as we were trying to get back to Pinehurst for our hotel. As I mentioned before, it is a bit out of the way so there may not be much going on, but don’t quote me on that.
Thanks again to Brian for the photos. Check him out on Instagram @virginiagolfguy and at his website vagolfguy.com.