Merion Golf Club (West) – Played 2016
- Rankings: None of the four lists
- Location: 450 Ardmore Avenue, Ardmore, Pennsylvania
- Year: 1914
- Architect: Hugh I. Wilson
- Course Access: Private
- Walking Rules: Carts Available
Score Card Information:
- Back: 5,989 yards, Par 70 , 69.2 Rating/122 Slope
- Middle: 5,733 yards, Par 70, 68.1 Rating/121 Slope
- Front: 5,461 yards, Par 70 , 66.7 Rating/118 Slope
After we got done with our round on the East my host asked if I wanted to go over and play the West. Aside from my drive back home I had nothing else on the schedule! And with the fact that we had avoided thunderstorms all day I figured why not!
This course is built for fun. It is under 6,000 yards from the back tees. There is plenty of elevation change and interesting holes. We didn’t play every hole since we jumped around between groups, but I saw them all. I was very impressed. The course reminded me of a lot of courses I grew up playing in New Hampshire. I loved the vibe. Another positive was that there were multiple families out playing. It was good to see some young kids out there enjoying the game.
For this course tour I have given you the slideshow only. Enjoy below.