Rooster Run Golf Club & Event Center – Played June 2016
- Rankings: None of the four lists
- Location: 2301 E. Washington Street, Petaluma, California
- Year: 1998
- Architect: Frederick C. Bliss
- Course Access: Public
- Walking Rules: Carts Available
Score Card Information:
- Black: 7,001 yards, Par 72, 74.2 Rating/135 Slope
- Blue: 6,464 yards, Par 72, 71.7 Rating/129 Slope
- Blue/White: 6,206 yards, Par 72, 70.5 Rating/127 Slope
- White: 5,889 yards, Par 72, 69.1 Rating/118 Slope
- White/Red: 5,506 yards, Par 72, 67.3 Rating/115 Slope
- Red: 5,139 yards, Par 72, 65.6 Rating/114 Slope (Men), 70.1 Rating/118 Slope (Women)
Unfortunately our plans fell through for what would have been some epic California golf over the last two days of the trip. With that happening, I decided to stay around the Sonoma area and see what I could find.
I ended up finding the very affordable Rooster Run. It was in pretty decent shape and was made more difficult by the howling wind the entire round. While it was disappointing not to play the tracks I was hoping, my world is not all Top 100’s. This was a fun little track and worth your time if you’re in the area.
One little tidbit, it sits next to a small airport which was quite busy the day we played. It was cool to see all the planes doing touch-and-go’s.
You can see photos of the course in the gallery below.