Sweetens Cove Golf Club – Played August 2016
- Rankings: None of the four lists
- Location: 2040 Sweetens Cove Road, South Pittsburg, Tennessee
- Year: 2015
- Architect: King Collins Golf Course Design
- Course Access: Public
- Walking Rules: Carts Available
Score Card Information:
- Black: 3,301 yards, Par 36, Not Yet Rated
- Blue: 3,093 yards, Par 36, Not Yet Rated
- White: 2,726 yards, Par 36, Not Yet Rated
- Red: 2,2,72 yards, Par 36, Not Yet Rated
I got the chance to connect with a good friend from social media recently at Sweetens Cove Golf Club. This place is awesome. It’s barely a year old, but it is a wonderful layout. The property is pure golf. They don’t have a clubhouse or a restaurant. Just show up, pay, and play until your heart’s content.
On our day we played 36 or 45 holes, I can’t quite remember. What I do know is that is was an awesome experience and the course has so much character. Even though there are only 9 holes, you can create so many more with alternate routings. The place is an absolute gem.
If you find yourself in this part of Tennessee, do not miss out!
Some cool notes about the course:
- All hazards are played as laterals with no out of bounds.
- All of the sand areas are treated as waste bunkers.
- When they built the course on the site of an older course they put down eight feet of sand as a base which allows it to drain really well.
- The original course was abandoned with concrete paths
- The tree in front of the green on number three was very important to the property owner. He came out with a shotgun to tell the architect that he would be shot if he removed it. Yikes!