The Cliffs at Keowee Falls – Played September 2016
- Rankings: None of the four lists
- Location: 770 S. Cherry Laurel Way, Salem, South Carolina
- Year: 2007
- Architect: Jack Nicklaus
- Course Access: Private
- Walking Rules: Carts Available
Score Card Information:
- Black: 7,171 yards, Par 72, 75.4 Rating/140 Slope
- Blue: 6,686 yards, Par 72, 72.9 Rating/137 Slope
- White: 6,354 yards, Par 72, 71.2 Rating/134 Slope
- Gold: 5,884 yards, Par 72, 68.9 Rating/130 Slope (Men’s), 73.9 Rating/134 Slope (Women’s)
- Red: 5,182 yards, Par 72, 69.9 Rating/124 Slope
I had played this course about eight years ago, which was not too long after it opened. I didn’t remember much of it, so this was like getting to play a new course. Even better than that was that this was a tournament related to work. There’s nothing like getting out of the office yet still feeling like you accomplished something. I also got to bond with some of my colleagues on the links.
Since we were playing a captain’s choice event the course didn’t seem that tough. I also made sure to note how I would play some of the holes if it was just my ball. Overall, the course isn’t too penal. Also, the vast majority of the course is right in front of your eyes. There are not many tricks out there.
The course conditioning was superb when we played. I made a mile’s worth of putts because the greens putted so true. It was going wherever you aimed. The general synopsis I would give the course is that it is very fun, well-maintained, and great for many levels of golfer.
Check out the slideshow of the holes below.