The 2018 Masters “toonamint” is one of the most highly anticipated that I can remember. So many of the top players are playing well going into the event, not to mention ole TW coming off back to back Top 5’s.
I have no idea who is going to win the tournament, but that is nothing new. Picking winner’s in golf is basically a fool’s errand, but it’s fun despite that. I’d love to do a big, long post and get all kinds of traffic (can you tell I’ve been reading about SEO/Google rankings) but unfortunately tax season has been wearing on me. I just want to watch some golf and Netflix.
Alright, that being said…
- Rory McIlroy – fresh off his awesome finish at the API, Rory is in good form. This could well be the year he gets it done to complete the career Grand Slam.
- Jordan Spieth – he was flushing the ball at Houston this past week and despite terrible putting stats was close to the lead. I don’t understand all the math that goes into strokes gained, but color me convinced that Jordan will be in the mix come Sunday.
- Dustin Johnson – He’s #1 in the world. Come at the king you best not miss.
- Tiger Woods – no result would please me more. The fact that he is the betting favorite is ridiculous to me. That gives more insight into Vegas than it does who will win a tournament. If he gets into the thick of it on Sunday the roars will flow through the National. Let it happen!
Others Receiving Votes
- Justin Rose – always seems to be around the lead. If he putts well he’ll be in it.
- Justin Thomas – if he’s on he will be there. It just depends on him. I love his game, but can he tame the course? I wouldn’t doubt it.
- Phil Mickelson – he’s in here, but I’m not really feeling it. Sorry.
Debate my picks, sound off in the comments, but once the event starts on Thursday we will all be into it. I’ll have the phone tuned to The Masters app to keep me into it. I’ve also got a wedding on Saturday, but Sunday will be all golf after a morning of work. Enjoy the 2018 Masters!!!!