White Deer Run Golf Club – Played October 2016
- Rankings: None of the four lists
- Location: 250 West Gregg’s Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL
- Year: 1998
- Architect: Dick & Tim Nugent
- Course Access: Public
- Walking Rules: Carts Available
Score Card Information:
- Black: 7,149 yards, Par 72, 74.5 Rating/148 Slope
- Gold: 6,816 yards, Par 72, 72.9 Rating/144 Slope
- Blue: 6,484 yards, Par 72, 71.4 Rating/140 Slope
- White: 6,039 yards, Par 72, 69.4 Rating/135 Slope (Men’s), 75.4 Rating/135 Slope (Women’s)
- Red: 5,028 yards, Par 72, 69.8 Rating/123 Slope
After my morning round, I was left scrambling a little bit to figure out an afternoon tee time. Luckily, I was able to get in contact with Mike, who I played with at Spanish Bay back in June. I was happy to play with Mike again since he is a fun guy to tee it up with and he keeps the mood light. We met up to play and zipped around the course.
White Deer Run is a fun track even though it may not be too flashy. It is in a residential area that is a relatively flat piece of land, but the holes have variety. I also found the greens to run very smoothly. For the green fee I paid I thought the course conditioning was very good. Check out the slideshow below to see the course from start to finish. Some of my favorite holes were 4, 9, 11, and 15.
Another fun tidbit is that Top 100 teacher Todd Sones is based here. You can come play a nice course, but also get the highest quality teaching while you are here. The course also features a restaurant on site. While I didn’t eat there it did look to be quite good.