I initially started some trip recaps/roundups earlier in this site’s life, but I want to get back to them. I’m going to workshop these for a bit and play around with the format, so don’t expect uniformity for a while.
Let me know your thoughts on these. What do you want to see more of? Less of? Formatting? Let your voice be heard in the comments.
The wife was on a girls trip with her mom and aunt in the summer of 2017 and I wasn’t invited. So I decided I would drive, yes you heard me right, to Nebraska and Colorado to play some golf in places I’d never been.
- I am pretty simple when it comes to food if I’m flying solo. I won’t seek out the best places because I want to enjoy those with my wife.
- That being said the food at Ballyneal was spot on. It was second only to the hospitality I felt from everyone on staff who couldn’t have been better.
- I don’t remember his name, but had a great bartender at Fossil Trace who was just the right amount of talkative without being bothersome. Really enjoyed my time there.
THIS AND THAT
- Got to play Fossil Trace with two employees who were great guys. The shepherded me around the course and gave me good spots to take pictures.
- I won’t remember much of the non-golf portions of this trip because I didn’t do much, but it was very peaceful with all the golf I got to play and the the beautiful drives through the middle of the country.